Teeth stains could come around from anything at all but for me, it’s usually food and I do not like when someone has to point it out for me. Having oil or lipstick or even ink staining your teeth is rather unsightly and very uncomfortable.
Adopt these hints if you find yourself in such a position:
- Watch what you eat or drink: Be very careful about this especially when you’re outside the confines of your home or wherever you’re comfortable. It is very unprofessional and not too polite to go around with colored teeth from a drink or something you ate. Save yourself the embarrassment and avoid anything that will leave a stain when you know you have to attend to important business.
- Have water around: Water goes a long way in keeping everything in your mouth clean. Moving water very discreetly in your mouth after eating will cause loose food particles to get out of tight corners and will move some stains. Do not allow the water moving in your mouth to attract anybody’s attention.
- Ladies, try applying some petroleum jelly on your teeth before you use your lipstick or lip stain of any kind. The jelly will not allow any stain stick to your teeth, a little saliva or licking at it will remove the stain. This isn’t very permanent because you will definitely lick up most of the petroleum jelly but it is quite helpful if you have a day planned for eating.
- Use your tongue to try to clean out your teeth after a meal especially if you’re sure your tongue isn’t so stained. You might need something to check your teeth (a mirror or basically anything that will give a reflection) before you try this.
- I don’t know how scientifically accurate this is but minty sweets and gum help me a lot. I tend to produce a little more saliva and it helps me clean up my mouth. So, mint treats could come in handy.
This is strictly for temporary stains and how to immediately get rid of them. So, this doesn’t call for heavy machinery (baking soda, toothpaste, tooth brush, mouth wash etc), just very quick healthy ways to take care of it all.
thequickwayto.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and we get a commission on purchases made through our links.