Nkwobi is commonly prepared in Local Restaurants in Nigeria, it originated from Imo state to be precise. Nkwobi can also be prepared with Chicken, Goat meat(leg) and cow meat.
Here is a quick recipe to help you prepare your Nkwobi quickly and easily!
- 1 goat limb , 2 cooking spoons palm oil
- 1 small piece edible ground, potash (akanwu)
- 1 table spoon ground hot peppers
- 1 medium size onion, salt to taste
- 1 cooking spoon blended crayfish
- 2 cube seasoning (maggi)
- 1 small bunch of native bitter leaf or utazi
- De-hoof goat leg and wash thoroughly with sponge and lukewarm water.
- Chop the meat into small pieces, preferably cubes and rinse once more.
- When the meat is tender, pour out into a bowl with some of the broth.
- Put the meat into a large pot, season lightly and cook on moderate heat for about 45minutes .
- In a separate bowl, combine the pepper, chopper onions crayfish, salt and seasoning. Add warm water and thoroughly mix, place a clean pot on the cooker and add the palm oil, warm it slightly then add the edible potash and cover for minutes.
- Stir the oil and potash vigorously until the a thick mash is formed , add some water to dilute. Stir in the mixture of peppers, onion , crayfish and seasoning then cover the pot and let it simmer for about 3minutes.
- Allow the entire mixture to simmer for about 3 more minutes.
- Put the goat legs into serving mortars or traditional earthenware bowls and pour in the hot mixture, ganish with fresh utazi leaves and sliced onions and done!
FOOD IS READY!! You can serve with eko, chilled palm wine or even beer. Hopefully this quick recipe has been very helpful. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.