Adding a link for users and visitors of your WordPress blog to download audio files you have uploaded to your server is quite easy! It may not be enough to simply add an audio player, some users want to download these files on to their devices for later use. Just in case you are interested in sorting this out for your users it is not rocket science. We will put you through a quick step by step tutorial on how to do this. We have also made a YouTube video for your aid just in case you prefer to see it being done rather than reading about it.
- Upload the audio file you want to serve by clicking ADD MEDIA >> Upload.
- When the file is done uploading, you will see a list of informative options to the right side of the upload dialog box. At the very top of this list is “URL”. Copy the URL for the audio file by simply clicking on the field and using CTRL+ A & CTRL+ C.
- Go back into your text body area and type your link anchor. the example we used in the YouTube video we made for you is “CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TRACK”.
- Select your anchor text with your cursor and the click “Insert/Edit Link” on your toolbar.
- Paste the URL you copied using CTRL+V in the URL field.
- For best experience it is advisable to also check the “Open Link In New Tab” box.
- When you are done with this simply click “Add Link”.
The end! It does not ever get simpler or more straight forward than that. Please refer to the YouTube video below for visual aid and subscribe to our YouTube Channel
If you enjoyed this article please like our Facebook Page or Follow us on Twitter.