We can all agree that jollof rice is one nutritious, colourful and tasty meal thereby making it a food for champions. It is beyond doubt, one of the top three daily cooked meals in Nigerian homes and West Africa at large. This meal can be classified as a balanced diet when we study the ingredients it is comprised of, that is, rice which is the main condiment is carbohydrate-enrinched, pepper and tomatoes are vitamin-enriched, cooking oil is fat and oil, etcetera and can be garnished with green peas, sweet corn and carrot to make to make it look more attractive.
Apart from the normal basic method of cooking jollof rice, QWT team is about to introduce a super cool method to you! This step-by-step tutorial is easy, fast and less stressful.
The following are the ingredients required for our oven-made jollof rice:
- 4 cups of rice (Basmati rice is preferable)
- 1 satchet/small can of tomato purée
- 1 onion bulb, finely chopped
- Some cooking oil
- Chilli pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic and ginger powder (optional)
- Curry powder
- Dried thyme
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Chicken broth
- Chopped carrot, green peas, sweet corn to garnish (optional)
– Heat the oven to about 300-350 degrees.
– Rinse the rice thoroughly. We do not want any dirt or residue in our meal.
– Mix all the ingredients in a baking pan and stir leaving all evenly spread and cover tightly with an aluminum foil paper.
– Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and leave to cook for about 40 minutes.
– Remove the cooked jollof rice from the oven, stir well and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
– Serve with fried plantain, chicken or fish.
N.B: Basmati rice is preferable because it softens faster than local rice.
This is how to cook jollof rice in the oven… If you have any questions please leave a comment below!
thequickwayto.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and we get a commission on purchases made through our links.